Only 17,000 out of 21,000 students who sat for their KCPE examination last year have reported to their various secondary schools in Kajiado.
County Commission, Joshua Nkanatha, on Thursday warned parents who are still holding on to their children from joining form that they will be arrested and prosecuted.
Nkanatha said that from Tuesday next week, he will lead a mop-up exercise of all the students in the villages and ensure all of them have gone to school.
Speaking in his office in Kajiado, the commissioner said all the heads of secondary schools in the county have been alerted not to send the Form One students home when they report next week.
“No student will be sent home because of lack of uniforms, books or fees because the government will handle that later. Allow all the students to register and start their classes,” said Nkanatha.
He said any parent hiding, or not letting the government know where their child is will be arrested, adding that the ministry of education has biodata of every student who sat for the exams last year.
“We shall use the provincial administration and the police in the search of students who are still in the villages and take them to schools they were called,” said Nkanatha.
Nkanatha was in the company of Dr Sylvestor Muthambi of the department of policy, partnership and East African affairs representing Education CS George Magoha and Kajiado county director of education Luka Kangogo.