The number of patients at Ngong Sub-county hospital has risen by 200 per cent in what Governor Joseph Lenku attributes to improved services.
Lenku remarked on the tour of the facility on Saturday and said the people now have confidence in government doctors and services.
Records at the hospital show that the number of patients has gone up from 2, 000 per month three years ago, to 6, 000 patients this year.
“Improved facilities and motivated staff have seen patients come from as far as Nairobi and Machakos counties with a number of them preferring to go to the government hospital rather than private institutions,” said Lenku.
Lenku opened a new fully equipped theatre, an X-ray centre, a male and a female ward.
The governor was joined by area MP Joseph Manje and all the area MCAs.
During the occasion, governor Lenku announced that medical supplies would be improved to ensure patients do not get exploited by private practitioners.
He also stated that Keek-Onyokie and Olkeri wards will each get a health centre.
He dismissed as false claims by unnamed politicians that the Kiserian Health Centre had been shelved in favour of the Olkeri one.
“The Kiserian Hospital will start first as its budget is already approved. We shall set aside some funds for the Olkeri hospital because we have land already,” said Lenku.