By Linet Minayo.
Governor Joseph Ole Lenku on Wednesday re-organized County Departments and re-assigned some of his senior officers, new positions.
Through Executive Order No. 2 “To Restructure County Departments”, the governor aligned some related departments together and separated others.
The ICT Department has been moved to the Treasury and Economic Planning Department, it’s Chief Officer remains Jackson Matanta.
The Cooperative Development Department has been moved to Trade to form a new docket of Trade, Cooperatives and Enterprise Development. It will be headed by Alvin Kimani.
Kimani who was serving as CEC Member for Gender, Social Services, Youth and Sports replaced Florence Waiganjo, who now moves to the now more enhanced Gender, Social Services, Culture, Tourism, and Wildlife docket.
The Department of Youth and Sports moves to the Education and Vocational Training docket, whose CEC member will remain Jeremiah Ole Ncharo.
Cooperative Development Chief Officer Francis Mbugua Ngure has swapped places with Simon Kamakei who was Youth and Sports Chief Officer.
All the other Departments will remain the same with their leadership not changing.
Governor Joseph Ole Lenku said reconstitution of the Departments was meant to make them more effective in service delivery.
“We keep reviewing our service delivery to serve residents better, “said Lenku.
The Departments are now renamed as;
- Health Services and Public Health
- Finance, Economic Planning, and ICT
- Roads, Public Works, Housing& Energy
- Agriculture, Livestock Veterinary Services and Fisheries
- Lands, Physical Planning & Urban Development
- Water, Irrigation, Environment & Natural Resources
- Public Service, Administration and Citizen Participation.
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Trade, Cooperatives and Enterprise Development
- Gender, Social Services, Culture, Tourism, and Wildlife
The changes take effect immediately.